Willowridge FFA
  Sign-In  Register
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have to raise an animal? 
No. But you do have to have and SAE (Supervised Agriculture Experience) and keep records in AET. 
(The Agriculture Experience Tracker system)
See our WHS Livestock Handbook under About Us for details on our show rules, feeding and exercise recommendations.

What is AET?
The Agriculture Experience Tracker is an online record keeping system used to track the students SAE records, class time activities and experiences during their FFA career. Go to www.theaet.com for more information. All high school FFA students  are given time every Friday in class to maintain these required time and financial journals. All feed, etc and time spent on SAE's are entered in the AET weekly. Jr members are not required to keep AET records until HS.

Do I have to pay FFA Dues?
Yes. We pay National, State, Area & District dues to cover all our events. Since you must have an SAE according to Texas Education Agency standards, you can also apply your SAE to awards, scholarships and other recognitions in FFA.
Our FFA Dues are $20/year.

What other shows can I show animals at?
In the Fall, Fort Bend County Fair runs through September. Members wanting to show for this fair need to purchase their animals in the Spring of the prior year, rabbits and poultry are purchased in the summer/early fall.

A major show is Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, the San Antonio Livestock Show and Rodeo, etc. 
All major show animals require much more intensive entry details. See the HLSR or San Antonio websites for dates, fees, weight requirements, etc. 


 Website designed by: Wieghat Graphics